Community

Sing for Life 2014

Sing for Life 2014 1 2 3

[prev] …into joining Sing for Life and didn’t for one minute think I would get in, but here I am, loving everything we do! Mum and Dad would be so proud of me; best of all I am proud of myself and all the other ladies in the group. I always get emotional during our first song at concerts, but then pull my socks up and get stuck in! I don’t ever want to lose that feeling.’

‘I love the diversity of the repertoire and the concerts are really fabulous occasions’

Jane Pope has worked for the last seven years as the Family Support/Bereavement Coordinator at Thorpe Hall Hospice. ‘I absolutely love my job,’ she says, ‘but decided I needed to get some balance back and start doing something life-enhancing in my spare time. I always sang in choirs when I was younger and have really missed it in recent years – I’d forgotten how incredibly uplifting it is! No matter how emotionally difficult and draining a day I’ve had, if I can drag myself out again on choir nights I’m never disappointed and always go home on a real high. I love the diversity of the repertoire and the concerts are really fabulous occasions.’

Sing for Life 2014 is being championed by BBC Radio Cambridgeshire’s Jane Smith, a longstanding supporter of Thorpe Hall and a regular host of their hugely popular Lights of Love event. ‘Sing for Life 2014 is not only an exciting musical opportunity for 40 lucky ladies,’ she says, ‘it’s also a fantastic way to help raise funds for one of our favourite local charities. I’m just delighted to be asked to join in!’

‘We need to raise £6 million by March 2015 to transform our hospice, making Thorpe Hall as incredible as the care we provide’

On behalf of Sue Ryder, Regional Fundraiser Joanne Marriott adds: ‘We need to raise £6 million by March 2015 to transform our hospice, making Thorpe Hall as incredible as the care we provide. We are honoured that Peterborough Voices have chosen to support Thorpe Hall Hospice in this way. This is a fantastic community event and we look forward to hearing more as the group comes together.’

As in previous years, Sing for Life will be led by international award-winning choral conductor Will Prideaux, the driving force behind the acclaimed Peterborough Male Voice Choir… [cont]

Sing for Life 2014 1 2 3

Leave a Reply

Comments are closed.

Register an Account