As the final months of 2019 approach, it’s odd to realise that we are coming to the end of the 20teens! Peterborough, the region, life, the world and the universe have all changed hugely in the last decade
Visually we can now see wonderful new apartments at Fletton Quays, brand new investments at Alwalton Hill and new cafes and pubs across the city centre. In the business world, social media has taken over our lives and, technologically, we have seen 21 different types of iPhone released. To mark the end of a decade and start of a new one, local communications consultancy, Athene Communications, are celebrating all that has been good about the last ten years in Peterborough and the region at their annual Peterborough Regional PR & Media Awards.
As part of the celebrations, they’re calling on the public to take part in a poll, to decide the most significant change in the region from the last decade and to share your thoughts on what you’d like to see happen across the next ten years. It’s also a chance to showcase your photography skills by sharing some photos of the biggest changes around Peterborough (it might even include your own ten-year selfie) with the team on social media using #TenYearsPRrogress.
The award categories for this year’s awards are
• Internal Communications Campaign of the Year: Open to any communications team – in-house or agency – that has seen notable results during/as a result of an internal communications campaign in 2019
• Communicator of the Year: This award recognises the achievements of an individual in the communications industry – whether PR professional or marketer – who is making a valuable contribution to the organisation they work for
• Journalist of the Year: This award identifies the journalist that has made a great contribution to the local media
• Community Contribution of the Year: Open to any communications team – in-house or agency-side – which has made a positive impact on the local community in 2019, for example through CSR initiatives, charitable contributions or community engagement campaigns
• Communications Team of the Year: Open to any communications team – whether in-house or agency-side – which has demonstrated notable success during 2019
• Communications Campaign of the Year: Open to any PR, marketing, digital or stakeholder engagement campaign delivered during 2019.