The popular and historic outdoor swimming pool on Bishop’s Road opens its doors on Saturday 24 May for the new summer season – and to celebrate, it’s free on opening day from 10 am!
Whether you want to dive into history or just enjoy some aquatic fun with the family, Peterborough Lido has it all. The city’s great Art Deco style pool was officially opened by Councillor Arthur Mellows in 1936 and is one of the few remaining outdoor pools of its era in the country, even surviving an air raid in 1940 just four years after it was opened.
Now entering its 79th year, the Lido continues to provide great outdoor swimming facilities, including a large heated 50m pool, a learner pool and a paddling pool for toddlers. Last summer, over 22,000 visitors enjoyed what the Lido had to offer.
Families can relax on the expansive sunbathing terraces, play in the three heated pools and park area, and enjoy hot and cold food at the Lido café. There is also a great range of summer event days with music for all the family, including the fun inflatable sessions with giant blow up zorbs and boats – a brilliant session not to be missed.
SATURDAY 24 MAY FREE ENTRY FROM 10 AM!
• Entry to the Lido is £4.90 for adults and £3.20 for children.
• Entry for a family of four is just £12.50 or £22 with food (includes a burger and a drink each).
•Adult and junior season tickets are available – please contact the Regional Fitness and Swimming Centre on 01733 864760 for prices.
• Entrance to the Lido is free to some Vivacity gym members and discounted with some Vivacity cards – please ask staff for details.
• Daily 9 am – 6 pm (during May and June)
• Daily 9 am – 8 pm (during July and August) with an early swim on
Sunday from 7.30 am.
For more information call 01733 864 761 or visit www.vivacity-peterborough.com/lido