This salad is perfect for warmer weather, with fruit and mint to add a certain zing! The courgettes could also be cooked on a barbecue if the weather permits
3 large courgettes
4 tbsp olive oil
1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
large wedge watermelon
400g can cannellini beans, drained
225g halloumi cheese, sliced
10-12 mint leaves, roughly torn
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ tsp honey
½ tsp mustard
Rich in protein and vitamins
1. Heat the griddle or barbecue. Cut the courgettes into slices on an angle then place them in a bowl and toss them with 2 tbsp of the olive oil and the cumin seeds.
2. Cook the courgette slices for 4-5 minutes on either side until tender, and nicely marked. Place them on a platter.
3. Roughly chop the watermelon and scatter over the courgettes, followed by the drained cannellini beans.
4. Heat a small frying pan and cook the halloumi slices for 4-5 minutes on either side until golden. Add to the salad, along with the mint leaves.
5. Whisk together the remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and mustard and pour over the salad before serving.