How to make: banana and strawberry muffins
All children love to eat muffins, and they will love to help make them too – for once let them get messy!
300g (10 1/2 oz) wholemeal self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
75g (2 3/4 oz) golden caster sugar
1 banana, peeled
juice of 1/2 lemon
75g (2 3/4 oz) butter, melted
100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) milk
1 egg, beaten
175g (3 1/2 oz) strawberries, chopped
ideal for taking on a picnic
1. Preheat the oven to 175ºC/325ºF Gas mark 3
2. Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
3. Mash the banana with the lemon juice.
4. Mix together the melted butter, milk and beaten egg.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the flour and mix together a little.
6. Gently stir in the banana and strawberries – do not over mix.
7. Spoon into paper cases in a muffin tin and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.